Cleaning Tips for Selling Your Home
Everyone knows you should clean your home before you list it for sale but are you only touching the surface? When it comes to the sale of your largest asset, it is crucial that you deep clean your home top to bottom as buyers will be looking everywhere.
Here is a list of commonly forgotten about areas that definitely need to be cleaned:
- Vacuum, sweep and/or mop every room in the house. Be sure to move furniture also.
- Clean all bathrooms. You want to make sure they sparkle and shine. Be sure to do a good job on showers, tubs and toilets as buyers want to see these personal areas be as clean as new.
- Wipe down bathroom walls, especially the spot underneath where your towels hang. Water often gets splashed onto the wall while we’re drying our hands and it drips down, leaving marks.
- Clean all mirrors.
- Clean all sinks and faucets.
- Clean windows inside and out. Buyers WILL notice dirty windows. This includes blinds. Blinds build up dust very easily so don't assume they are clean.
- Check all light switches and ensure face plates are clean.
- Kitchen cupboards – clean inside and out.
- Clean all doors, especially the knobs and handles.
- Dust all furniture.
- Dust in the corners of the each room to remove any cobwebs.
- Wipe down all trim, you’ll be surprised at how dirty this can get.
- Clean all appliances inside and out.
By following the above list you will have a sparkling clean house that buyers will appreciate. You should also go over this checklist on a weekly basis while selling to ensure your home is clean for all Open Houses and showings.